The Archdiocese of Baltimore is committed to providing quality, healthy ministry for all persons, particularly for our children and youth.
All volunteers are required to complete VIRTUS screening and training.
Volunteers perform valuable work and assist in many ways in school and fundraising programs.
There are numerous and varied opportunities to contribute your time. A few are listed below:
- recess duty
- cafeteria duty
- cafeteria kitchen help
- room parent
- classroom volunteers, at the discretion of the classroom teacher
- event volunteers
Volunteers must adhere to the following archdiocesan policy. The Archdiocese of Baltimore is committed to healthy ministry, and seeks to engage competent, qualified people. To protect children and youth, Church personnel are screened for their fitness to work with minors. St. John School has a volunteer handbook.
Completion of the Archdiocese’s Application for Volunteers is required for all volunteers. The application asks specific questions about working with children and youth.
- Background checks will be required for volunteers working with minors and any other volunteer roles identified by the pastor, principal or program director.
- References must be checked on designated volunteers and kept on file by the pastor, principal, or designee.
- Anyone who chooses not to fill out the Application for Volunteers will not be allowed to volunteer.
- Each volunteer will be provided with a copy of the Archdiocesan “Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth” (and the “Code of Conduct for Church Personnel in the Archdiocese of Baltimore).
- Each volunteer must sign a statement acknowledging that the volunteer has read the policy and will comply with reporting procedures and other requirements. Additionally, each volunteer must complete VIRTUS certification.