Grant & Aid
It is understood and appreciated the financial commitment and sacrifice families undertake in deciding to send their children to a Catholic school. And although paying for education is first and foremost the responsibility of a family, each school, parish and the Archdiocese of Baltimore devote significant funds each year to financial aid programs that help assist families. In turn, our school communities benefit by attracting students that otherwise would not be able to attend our schools.
Families needing financial assistance may apply for aid. Receiving tuition assistance or a multi- child discount requires family to participate in forty hours of volunteer service. Financial aid may also be available through your home parish if you are not a St. John Parishioner.
FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment
There are four potential sources of funding to assist your family in making a Catholic education a reality. To be considered for any or all of the grants below, you must apply online through FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment which helps the Archdiocese, parish, and school in determining grant awards to new and current families.
You are able to apply for FACTS even after the deadline.
FACTS is the tuition management and grant and aid platform used by the schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. All families are asked to create an account with FACTS to manage their tuition payments. The grant and aid application is housed on the same platform for every school, parish, and the Archdiocese of Baltimore assistance. Therefore, a family need apply only once for possible support from these various sources. More information about FACTS can be found here.
Parishioners at Catholic parishes in the Archdiocese of Baltimore should contact the Pastor of your Parish to inquire about Parish Award opportunities. Archdiocese of Baltimore Awards proposed priorities for tuition assistance are:
- Previous Award recipients who still demonstrate financial need and attend an AOB Catholic School.
- New Awardees in an AOB Catholic School with great financial need.
- Previous Award recipients who still demonstrate financial need and attend a non-Archdiocese of Baltimore Catholic School.
- Remaining applicants in any Catholic School with demonstrated Financial need BOOST (Broadening Options and Opportunities for Students Today).
The Broadening Options and Opportunities for Students Today (BOOST) Program provides scholarships for students who are eligible for the free or reduced–price lunch program to attend eligible nonpublic schools.The BOOST program was established in March 2016 by the Maryland General Assembly.
BOOST Scholarship Funding has not yet been announced for the 2022-2023 school year.
Updates on continuation of the program will be posted to BOOST Webpage
For information, contact email@example.com.
2023 – 2024 Fees & Deposits
New and returning students are charged a non-refundable fee of $150.00 per student.
New students pay the fee when completing the online application.
Returning students are required to pay the fee before re-enrollment deadline to avoid late charges.
Annual School Fees
Non-refundable Annual Fees are applied to books, technology, and the Baltimore Archdiocese.
These fees are due at the time of registration for new families and before April 17th for existing families. Fees increase based on the time of payment
• Pre-Kindergarten Fees:
• $250 per student if paid by April 18th
• $300 per student if paid between April 19th – May 18th
• $350 per student after May 19th
• Kindergarten through Eighth Grade Fees:
• $500 per student if paid by April 18th
• $550 per student if paid between April 19th – May 18th
• $600 per student after May 19th
• Pre-Kindergarten Fees:
• $250 per student if paid within 14 days of notice of admission.
• $300 per student if paid within 30 days of notice of admission.
• $350 per student if paid after 30 days of notice of admission.
Kindergarten through Eighth Grade Fees:
• $500 per student if paid within 14 days of notice of admission.
• $550 per student if paid within 30 days of notice of admission.
• $600 per student if paid after 30 days of notice of admission.
Annual fees for 2023–2024 are due by April 18th, 2023. If fees are not paid, your child(ren)’s spot is not secure.
Regulations Regarding Tuition
Please carefully review the school policies regarding tuition and fees. The Deliberative School Board sets tuition rates and attempts to set these rates with affordability and viability as their main goal. The Gift Card Program offers one way to do this with no additional cost to users. We sincerely thank those who are currently using the program. School families not taking part in this fund raiser are asked to do so as our Gift Card Program benefits the entire school program. For more information on gift cards, please contact the school office.
*Please see the Parent/Student handbook for more detailed information.
Financial Responsibility Checklist
1. Annual Fees – Due by April 19th, 2023
- Pay Annual Fee of $500 per student for grades K through 8 and/or $250 for pre-school.
2. Financial Aid
- Families seeking Financial Aid may submit an application https://factsmgt.com/parent- resources/grant-and-aid/. Our ID number is 11024. Please make sure that your parish receives a copy of your FACTS application for aid if your home parish is not St. John. This is the quickest and easiest way to register for you may also call Gabrielle Peregoy (410) 848- 7455, X228 with any questions.
3. Select a Tuition Plan
- The choice of a tuition plan should be considered by each family based on an honest evaluation of financial means. Parents are reminded of their obligation to the virtue of justice when selecting a plan.
- Those in need of Financial Aid can apply for tuition grants through FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment. Additional information is available on the FACTS website: https://factsmgt.com/parent-resources/grant-and-aid/. Our account number 11024. The FACTS help line is 1-866-441-4637.
4. Select a Tuition Payment Schedule
- Choose to make payments in one full payment or between 2 and 10 installments completed within the 2/10 month cycle with FACTS*.
- For 1 full payment, pay the total amount directly to St. John School by May 4th, 2022
- Those using FACTS to make 2 payments will owe in May and October; those making 10 payments will pay each month from May through February.
- Families making from 2 to 10 payments must sign the agreement with FACTS Tuition Management Company. An account will automatically debit your monthly payment on either the 5th or the 20th of each month.
- When using FACTS, a portion of the tuition may be prepaid in order to lower your monthly payout. This prepayment must be received by June 15th of the current year.
- ** FACTS charges a service fee of $45 per family