At A Glance

Welcome to St. John Catholic School!

At A Glance

Christ-Centered Learning, Christ-Modeled Love

Thank you for your interest in St. John Catholic School, the only Catholic school in Carroll County. We invite you to look carefully at our school and learn more about us. For over 150 years we have been educating students in Carroll County. We are proud to provide a safe, nurturing environment and serve children in grades Pre-K3 through 8th.

The mission of St. John Catholic School is to inspire all students to become Disciples of Christ through an engaging, nurturing, and exemplary education- one child at a time. Our academic programming is child-centric, allowing each student to develop his / her full potential.

 Our 21st Century curriculum standards prepare the students for success in our ever-changing world. We are equipped with state-of-the-art technology including interactive whiteboards in every classroom, Innovation Labs, iPads, and Chromebooks. Technology is integrated throughout our curriculum. St. John School offers a variety of extra-curricular activities for students. There is something for everyone! We welcome you to become part of the St. John family.

Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore provide a Christ-centered education that is academically excellent and empowers students to reach their full potential-spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and morally. 

Faith formation is our foundation and is woven into our lives with daily prayer, religion lessons, devotion, and weekly celebration of the Eucharist at our Weekly Children’s Mass.

100% of our 8th-grade students graduate and enroll in local high schools. Among their choices include Catholic, public, and private high schools. On average, 75% of our graduates enroll in catholic high schools, and the remaining 25% in private (non-Catholic) and public high schools.

Fast Facts About St. John Scool:

  • Dedicated to fostering the Catholic Faith and Academic Excellence for over 150 years
  • Focused on nourishing the Soul, Mind and Body of our students
  • Highly qualified and dedicated faculty teach 21st Century Curriculum and skills to prepare our graduates to become engaged, academic, business and community leaders.
  • Interactive SMART boards in every classroom.
  • 1:1 iPads for all students K-5 and 1:1 Chromebooks for all students 6-8
  • Spanish Immersion Course for students in grades Kindergarten through 8th
  • Rigorous computer-integrated curriculum
  • Enriched music and arts classes
  • Resource and enrichment programs
  • Innovation lab facilitating kinesthetic learning
  • STEM classes for all students Grades Pre-K3 through 8th
  • Many Academic, Sports, Music and Arts extra-curricular activities available for interested students.
  • 99% of all graduates are accepted at their First-Choice High School

High Schools Attended by St. John School graduates:

All Boys Catholic High Schools
Co-Ed Catholic High Schools
Public High Schools
  • Westminster High School
  • Manchester Valley High School, Manchester, MD
  • Winters Mill High School, Westminster, MD

Positive School Environment

To foster a positive school environment where all students are educated in a safe and caring atmosphere, all Archdiocesan schools will follow established procedures for prevention and intervention for bullying, harassment or intimidation.

Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports (PBIS) has been implemented in every Archdiocesan elementary and high school to enhance academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.

Accreditation

Cognia

All Archdiocesan high schools and elementary schools are accredited as a system through Cognia. Every five years, the Department of Catholic Schools completes a system-wide accreditation review, which culminates with a visit by a Cognia External Review Team. Each school is evaluated based on the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools.

Did You Hear The News? St. John School Has Been Named The Best Private School in Carroll County!Read More