Home & School Association
The St. John Home and School Association (HSA) is an organization comprised of Parents and Teachers working together to support Catholic education at St. John School.
This is the Year of Volunteerism! WE NEED YOU TO GET INVOLVED! For information on how you can get involved in the HSA, please fill out out our Volunteer Form and return to your child’s teacher or school office. We welcome volunteers for all events! All volunteers must complete the Shield the Vulnerable training.
Our HSA volunteers have planned many wonderful activities full of Family Fun for this school year.
HSA: What Are They?
HSA is an organization that:
- Helps parents, school administration and faculty develop a mutual understanding and appreciation of the mission of Catholic education as lived in the local Catholic school within the Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Provides a formal avenue for parents/caregivers of current students to participate with the faculty and administration in the children’s education
- Develops supportive systems for communication and service to the local Catholic school
- Works with the Principal to provide programs and processes that engage the school families in spiritual, educational, outreach, social, legislative, public relations, service and fundraising activities that further the mission of the school
- Collaborate with other parish, civic and social school organizations
- Is rooted in prayer, discernment and the contemporary vision of the Church for Catholic education
- Is accountable to the Principal of the school
HSA: What Are They Not?
The HSA is not:
- The school board
- The administration of the school
- Independent of other appropriate parish and/or school organizations
- A replacement for direct channels of communication and collaboration between families and the school administration and faculty
- A decision making or a deliberative body
The HSA does not:
- Set policies
- Determine appropriation and allocation of funds
- Discipline students
- Get involved in personnel matters
- Develop curriculum
- Approve instructional materials
- Write regulations